Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Right Now I Really Wish I Were a "Bigger" Blogger -- Because of the WiiU

I used to get stuff (mostly books and other things like cleaning supplies and food/drink items) to review on this blog, but that's ended a long, long time ago...

My sons, OK, my older son, desperately wants a Wii U and he has asked me to tell everyone in the family to give him and his brother money for the holidays, not toys (his younger brother is not too keen on not getting ANY presents or toys, I must say) so they can save enough to buy one.

Almost four years ago I actually threw a birthday party for my then seven year old and got the guts to say on the invitation that he wanted nothing but money so he could get a Wii. About 70 guests and 250 dollars later, which our friends generously gave him, he was the proud owner of the game. And happily he's played it surprisingly little in the past almost four years (good!).

And now he wants the new version of the game. Too bad I'm not a celebrity blogger (like Heather or Rebecca) or Nintendo would send me a game so I could host a game party and a give-away on the blog. :(

I'm positively jealous (and I hate to feel that way) and I don't even want to participate on their give-aways because I don't think I'll be the lucky one (that's the pessimistic realist in me talking). Blah...

The worst part of all this is that I'm not thrilled that my son wants the game, given that I can't stand anything Nintendo (I let him buy the console thinking naively that he could stay with the sports games and that we'd steer away from the Mario themed junk. Alas, it was not to be. And now I know that the new console is ALL about the Nitendo characters even more than the old one). even more BLAH!

P.S. I do think that Wii Fit is pretty good, though. It taught me yoga! (I know it has a 'weight problem,' however. We're mostly underweight in our family and the Wii thinks we're doing great. It even said once that my perfectly healthy oldest nephew is overweight -- RIDICULOUS!).

All right, rant over!

No comments: