Monday, December 10, 2012

First Day Off: Home with Sick Child

Today it felt a little sad that on our first day after classes are over we had to take care of a sick child!
I cannot imagine how hard it would have been if the boys had fallen sick while I was still commuting daily. K says he'd just have to take the sick boy(s) to his office, teach his classes for a few hours and come back home with them.

Last year I had to drag a very feverish older son into my office where he stayed for 1h15 min while I taught and then we drove back home... not ideal, but since we don't teach that many hours and can work a lot from home otherwise, it's pretty feasible.

I can only imagine how hard it must be for those who don't have any flexible hours, which is most people in the workforce. Sick children must be an incredible difficulty for them!

Luckily for us, today K & I were able to take turns caring for our older son -- K in the morning while I volunteered at the boys' school and me in the afternoon. We'll do the same tomorrow, except that I need to take younger son to vision therapy and I may have to drag older son along if he's not well to go to school. :(

Worst of all, though, is the possibility that I'll have to drive by myself to my 3rd university on Wednesday (I'm going to give the final exam for this class) if our son is not well enough to stay at a friend's house overnight. :( K had offered to go with me and I was so happy that we'd finally get to spend some time away together -- even if it's just for work!

Well, keep your fingers crossed for me/us!

No comments: