Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Ten Years Ago TODAY!!!

I peed on a stick...

... and the rest is history, as they say.

Nothing can quite compare to the feeling of seeing those two pink lines on that stick and of course the nervousness and anxiety during that brief minute of wait are unbearable! I think apprehension is the first feeling afterwards, no matter how much you've wanted it to happen. (and I can only imagine how tough it is when it's not really expected/ wanted).

The only "small" and not so great detail is that four days later I thought the world was ending and it was just the hardest thing to live through while five days aware of pregnancy -- I was nearly 3 months along, but didn't know it before, that's how good my pregnancies are, I can't even tell it's happening. ;)

And ten years later I look back with wonder and joy at the moment I became a mother (though only a potential one for 6 months + 2 days*).

He is awesome and I'm so proud and delighted to be his mom!!

* And having a 6 months long pregnancy [when you don't know it is as if it weren't happening] with a nearly full term baby at the end was definitely nice. Too bad it made my next one reaaaally long at precise 9 months (and instant awareness of possible pregnancy versus 3 months of not knowing).

2 comments:

t1 Diabetes said...

Que Lindo, e grande amiga!!! I can't wait for a pink line one of these days.

perrie said...

What a handsome boy! Happy birthday to K.!