Thursday, September 15, 2011

Soccer Mom Squared

 Exhibit I: 

Exhibit II:
 
And the best thing about Exhibit I is that my oldest didn't even like to run, but apparently running while playing soccer is not a bad thing at all for him! His brother, on the other hand, loves nothing better than to play ball. I'm not too excited about "soccer jail" (8 weekends with soccer games), but I'm happy to see the boys motivated and exercising too! Kelvin has practice after school twice a week and Linton once.

Kelvin was afraid his team wasn't going to do well, but it turns out his team is again probably the best in their age group (and in our elementary school). Our friend's son scored 11 goals, and another boy 1 more, to end the game at 12 X 0. Kelvin was elated! (his best friend is the best player). Linton's team continues to struggle a bit, but they're having fun, that's all that matters.

And the best part about last Sunday was that we were super productive, in spite of a couple of hours dedicated to soccer. I washed 3 loads of laundry and... amazingly... put it all away by the end of the day. And I did other things around the house I can't even remember (and K mowed the lawn). I felt way more productive and a thousand time less scattered than on that crazy Friday. I think that trying to work at home alone is a very bad thing for an ADHD person. Having other people around keeps me way more focused and productive. I just wish I could always have the whole family around (particularly K) when I have to take care of the house...

No comments: