Friday, September 30, 2011

I'm getting old, really, really old! :)

I just found out (thanks to facebook) that one of the flower girls in my wedding* had a baby yesterday. She was seven and was my second grade student when I got married...

She was one of he first of my "wedding party kids" to get married and the very first one to have a baby, a few of others got married already or will very shortly and I know that they will have babies too, while I will be getting older and older. (and, eventually... have grandkids which is something I sooooo look forward to!).

In the end, it's actually kind of amusing! :) And right now I'm technically old enough to be my student's mother. Sigh... that one is not amusing, I must say!

A's baby is very very cute, though! And I'm so happy for her and her parents (she's an only child)! Too bad they live all the way in California... sigh... but I hope to meet this baby someday. He has the same name of my nephew who's "coming" in November.

*There were "only" 8 pairs of kids - girl/boy- in my wedding, 16 total -- photos here, she's the Asian [half-Japanese] girl

No comments: