Friday, September 23, 2011

Lepton & Quark - August Pictures!

It's been a very rocky first month and a half of having my new "babies," but I hope that they will be part of our family for many years to come! And now finally I get to share some photos of their first days with us. I'm taking video too, and it will be fun to edit it at some point (they're so hilarious playing together!).

August 8, the day they came home (taken at the farm, sticking them into this huge bucket was the only way I could take a photo of them):
August 8, first minutes in our garage: Quark -- the outgoing one -- is already playing and exploring (my mom saw him live just like that from our iPad on Skype)...

... whereas poor Lepton, exhausted by the sheer stress of meowing the entire 25 minute drive home (well, he calmed down in the last 5 minutes), sleeps in the bottom of the carrier:


 August 9, first few minutes outside, Quark:
Both (their "play-fights" are just great, but hard to capture in still photos): 
Lepton, the shy one, but very brave:

August 21 - second time outside (after we came back from our trip to Canada) - Quark (the feisty little guy with the "bulging" eyes):

August 23 - on top of the freezer (which sits close to the door out of/to the garage), wondering "where is our delicious canned food?"

"Will you please bring it already?
What are you doing there with that strange black object and the blinding light?"
(they get canned food once a day in the evening)
More later, OK?

2 comments:

Rene said...

The "babies" are adorable. Congrats again!

Lilian said...

Hi Lilian,
I am your 'xará', originally from Rio.
Your kitties are really cute!
When I adopted my 3 cats in the past couple of months I had no idea how much our lives would be enriched by them.
Enjoy the ride!
Um abraço.