Thursday, October 28, 2010

My Mama Left on Her Birthday

Today is my mom's birthday. And not only any birthday, but her 70th.

Two years ago I wrote this post with several cute photos of "mami" and I wish I had time to make a slide show of some photos of grandma and her grandsons to celebrate today, but I'll have to do that some other time. (this just gave me an idea for an awesome present for her, hmmm...)

My parents flew back to Brazil last night and arrived there safely. They got to their house 29 hours after leaving mine for the airport, poor things, but they were happy to be home. Too bad their house was so dusty that when I called them this evening my mom was mopping their bedroom floor so they could sleep in a relatively dust free environment.

My brother is still in Brazil because of his business trip, so my parents will be able to spend the weekend with him -- that's so delightful! I'm glad they were able to change their ticket (they were only supposed to fly back on Nov. 15).

It was her birthday present, mom said.

Here's a recent (and rare, remember the 2 year rule regarding my brother) family photo:


Happy Birthday Mami! We love you!

1 comment:

Sarah Sometimes said...

I LOVE this picture. Your parents look so sweet. And you look happy an dyour brother looks very nice, too.