Thursday, October 14, 2010

I cannot write short posts, will you still read me?

I'm almost done with a post, but it's just so long, I almost feel embarrassed for it. Parenthetical remarks, footnotes, the works. You know if you've been reading for a while. And you also know I've written a 511 page long dissertation.

I feel bad all over again when I read things like a recent post of Dawn's emphasizing that we all need editors. Sure, we totally do! I should know (see? my comment is the size of a shortish blog post!). I wish I liked being edited more (I do think it's necessary, see comment above), but the truth is that I really enjoy the freedom of unedited writing here in the blog. Sigh. I shouldn't. I should strive for better quality and not quantity.

OK, there is one thing that I can say quickly now and get done before I go finish my long unedited post. In  two days (roughly 36 hours) I will see my sons for only a half hour tomorrow morning. Good thing they'll spend a lot of time with daddy and other family, but I'll miss them.

Today daddy will drive them 2h30 hours to go to their beloved cousin's birthday party in Maryland (I have meetings in the afternoon and a class to teach at 5 pm, so I can't go). The boys will be asleep when they come back and tomorrow I have meetings all day and a dinner in the evening and will only see them briefly in the morning while getting ready for school. I hope we get to spend a lot of time together during the weekend! More about it later. :-)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Oh no, we don't need more editors on our blogs, oh no! I don't want to edit my blog! But for the work we send out into the wider world, yes. But goodness, if we can't just write on our blogs what will we do???