Thursday, October 21, 2010

Flower & Song...

Flower...
I want a garden again someday. I want to try and plant poppies, like these I photographed at Longwood last April:


Song...
And listen to this tender song "Estrela, Estrela" composed by Vitor Ramil, a singer/songwriter from the South of Brazil, and interpreted by Maria Rita. This song is only available for download after one buys her cd: Maria Rita. I think I will do it, not only because I want "Estrela, Estrela," but because her voice is just so beautiful  and the song list is good.

No wonder her voice is so good, because she's the daughter of Elis Regina, one of the most amazing Brazilian singers (who died of an overdose in 1982 when Maria Rita was only five years old). A young person in Brazil provided an "amateur English translation" to the song. It's just a piano and her voice, just like the title of her father and brother's CD Piano & Voz (beautiful album too).

Unfortunately, "Estrela Estrela" cannot be embedded here :-( so you'll have to click and listen to it on YouTube. I highly recommend that you do so.

P.S. I thought you'd enjoy more a flower photo & a song than a pathetic email about my insecurities as a teacher. I may still write it some other evening...

1 comment:

Vera said...

noutro dia ouvia-a pela primeira vez e de facto ela tem uma voz linda, espero que naõ siga o destino trágico da mãe !