Sunday, October 03, 2010

I was too tired to write another post...

... last Friday, when I wrote the previous post.

And today I'm too tired to write much as well. Not to mention that we forgot the laptop's AC adapter & plug at my brother-in-law's house today and I can't use the laptop for too long because K (whose work laptop is the same brand & compatible with this one) is working on the computer.

We had a WONDERFUL day yesterday because my aunt and uncle (she's dad's youngest sister, my dearest paternal aunt) were driving down from PA to TX on their truck and stopped by to have lunch with us and to see my brother whom they hadn't seen for about 10 years. This was the first time they were able to meet with us mid-trip in the 10+ years they've been truck drivers and driven by wherever we lived. I hope it can happens more often from now on!

Later when we were on our way to the airport to drop off my brother (who forgot his cell phone, laptop AC adapter & jacket here!) my aunt called to say we had had that lunch to celebrate their dad's birthday -- exactly on October 2nd.

My grandpa died back in 1979 (I remember it pretty well, in spite of the fact I was only eight. My mom took me to the viewing and it freaked me out a little bit to see his body). He died not too long after his birthday. I remember my mom had me practice "Happy Birthday" on the recorder and when the day came (it was a Friday) we drove to their house with a cake and I played the song.

He's the grandparent I knew the least and the one who died first. My grandma survived him for nearly 30 years. And yet, what little I knew of him has stayed with me. There's this picture book that I have to try and write about my grandpa. I hope I can do it someday.

But now, I have to go to bed. ;-)

No comments: