Monday, February 22, 2010

Twittering...

First of all, thanks for all your happy and supportive comments to the latest news. I'll blog more about this later.

I just thought I'd let you know that I finally started twittering. Until I get a smartphone (I don't know when that will happen), I'll be restricted to posting from the web, so my twittering won't be as "effective" or fun as it could be. And right now all I've twittered about is the ice-skating at the Olympics (I really love ice-skating, and gymnastics too, for that matter). And I want to twitter the Oscars, hopefully I'll have some company from blog-reading friends. So, yeah, I blog about the serious stuff and twitter the fluff. At least for now.

My twitter name is pretty ugly, but I decided, for some strange reason, to connect my twittering to the blog and not to twitter under my "real name." I don't know why I continue with the semi-anonymous blogging (and twittering) and with the not revealing the existence of the blog in facebook and to many "real life" people. I guess I just have ranted way too much about academia here and I feel deep down that the "coming out" as a blogger would jeopardize my future in the ivory tower, ha ha ha! What a great future I have...

In any case, my name there is Lilian+ the rest of the blog name that fits (minus the e).

And, prolix or not, I can definitely restrict myself to 140 characters when needed. ;-)

2 comments:

supergrrl7 said...

You can add me to your twitter list. I am supergrrl7 . (Amber from AmFam)

Aliki2006 said...

I am a terrible twitterer. Even having an iPod Touch doesn't help me, as I thought it would. I'm on FB a lot, but just can't get into the whole Twitter business.