Sunday, February 14, 2010

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K hadn't checked his email in three days because of the job interview.

Tonight, as we finished talking with my brother- and sister-in-law whom we decided to visit today, he checked.

Unbelievable.

He's got an interview at an Ivy League school.

................ .................... .........................

I have no words. K cannot believe it. I just told him I've always had faith in him, though (or else I wouldn't have married him ;-).

Do you guys realize what it means, to have been invited for an interview at such a school? It's something nearly unthinkable... but it's happening.

K may not get a job offer from them, but I have a feeling that at the end of this job search season he'll have a job and we'll finally settle down.

P.S. The school in question is the only one in the country that has a department in my specific field. And there's another school nearby with a department on a closely related area in which a good friend of mine works. Wow, just wow.

6 comments:

Sarah Sometimes said...

Great news, Lilian!

Anjali said...

FABULOUS! WONDERFUL! FANTASTIC!

Rene said...

Happy dance!

kate said...

Awesome!!!!

KarenM in NC said...

Simply wonderful news!

t1 Diabetes said...

that's great news!