Friday, February 12, 2010

Dawn is Right

Of course Dawn, who's been blogging since 2001, and knows way better than I do about blogging is right in her comment: "the only time I ever feed trolls is if I feel like the conversation would benefit OTHER readers in some way. I mean, if I think a troll -- however mean-spirited -- brings up a salient point or question. This person is not. Don't feed her. Who cares what strangers on the internet think?"

Thanks, Dawn, I needed to hear that. The problem is that I'm relatively new at this blogging thing and have to learn just to let things slide.

So anonymous comments are officially off. Good riddance to you, latest annoying anonymous commenter. And thanks to Monkey McWearingChaps for civilly (and not anonymously) raising a reasonable point in his comments to the previous post which I promptly addressed. I don't object to criticism, just to gratuitous and heartless attacks with a hidden agenda (particularly a rude, anti-immigrant, right wing one -- since I don't even talk about politics in this blog). Sigh.

Party's over, you can look the other way now.

1 comment:

KarenM in NC said...

Oh, Lilian, my heartfelt thoughts are with you as you weather life and these despicable comments. Things are just plain tough for a lot of folks. Everyone handles it in different ways: some with grace, some with writing about circumstances and still others, by lashing out with hurtful words.

I saw your reference to me several blog posts back on writing about health care in Brazil. Thanks! I am truly interested in that subject because I feel this country is so far behind the curve on delivering good health care to its citizens. Other countries (probably Brazil) do so much better and the US should certainly learn from others.

Hang in there. Lots of people are behind you, including me!

KarenM in NC