Monday, October 12, 2009

The Day that Wasn't

So, yesterday just wasn't the day I wanted it to be because when I wrote my post I didn't know that my friends had to return their rental car by 4 pm in Boston, which rendered the day basically useless... :-( That, and a botched trip to Newport, RI (I stopped on the way for them to go to Best Buy and what was supposed to be a quick purchase of a memory stick turned out into 1h15 min wait -- thankfully the four kids had a DVD to watch in the car), made the last moments with them a little... off. But it was still good to spend the weekend with them. The kids loved every minute they spent together. I think we're visiting them as soon as we get to Brazil in December (before they travel to New Zealand to visit my brother -- this friend happens to be my brother's brother-in-law).

After cleaning my in-laws' apartment (including laundering all bed linens and towels) we had a great and swift trip back home (less than 5 hours, from MA to PA). The boys slept like angels (exhausted little things that they were from sleeping very little all weekend) and K and I had napped in the afternoon before leaving (that's why we didn't leave until 7:30 pm), so we were awake and talked all the way. There's nothing like longish trips to talk and talk, I just love it. If we go a long time before one I feel sorely the need so we can spend some significant time together and reconnect.

I'm glad to be home, but not looking forward to the rest of the week. Today the boys had a holiday from the cyber school and we took advantage of that to go to Philadelphia and hit, even if very briefly, the Please Touch Museum (2h30) and the Franklin Institute (we were there for 1h10 min and mostly went to the Planetarium) while we still are members of both.

And now, after checking on everyone in my blogroll, I'm going to bed early. Ha! It took me 10 minutes flat to write this. Phew!

No comments: