Saturday, October 31, 2009

Soaking in the Fall

I've never seen a wettest fall... and a warmer one it's hard to come by as well. I'm not complaining -- I can take the rain, the constant drizzle and the wetness as long as it's comparably warm as it's been lately here in the Philadelphia area.
Last Tuesday we had a field trip with our cyber school to a local apple orchard. It was drizzling and muddy, but we still had a good time. It helped that they had covered hay(less) rides. And their apple cider... hmmm... I have to go back there again this week to buy some more! After stocking on cider and buying some more yummy cider donuts we headed for a wet afternoon of fun at one of our favorite places on earth, Longwood Gardens.*

Here are a bunch of photos for you...

At the orchard:
Puddles galore! (Linton's snow boots got soaked, he needs rain boots):Making a scarecrow (we got to bring it home):

"Making" apple cider (the orchard's is the best!):
At Longwood
The boys played for half an hour with these wheelbarrows and the pumpkins, they had a great (wet) time!This is the lovely display of gourds at the Heritage House:

We had a fun day, even if the boys got soaking wet!

* I was just thinking that I could have a photo blog titled Longwood through the seasons, or something. I have thousands and thousands of photos from that place since 2004. My boys literally grew up going there almost weekly (Linton was 2 months old when we went for the first time and got a season pass). I'll miss it intensely when we move! :-(

1 comment:

Rene said...

I love the cornucopia, and fresh apple cider sounds so good right now. Mmmmm . . .