Thursday, October 15, 2009

58, 57, 56... Shiver!

Conversion to Celsius degrees: 14, 13.8, 13 C

Those are the temperatures in the three levels of our house right now -- warmer in the ground level and colder upstairs in the bedrooms. We are about to turn the heat on (oil, baseboard) for the season -- K wanted to put it off until the 15th. We did turn it on briefly upstairs on Monday night when we came home from the city and it was 58 F. It's incredible to notice the difference 3-4 degrees make -- when it got to 61-2, I already felt much more comfortable.

K and I were discussing the setting up of the thermostats (luckily we have three, one for each level) and the maximum temperature we're planning for is 64. Shiver again. No wonder I don't like fall or winter at all (especially from a few years to now) -- we cannot afford to live comfortably in the cold weather (and we know we're also polluting the environment while heating the house... blah).

I can't wait for out trip to Brazil!!!

1 comment:

t1 Diabetes said...

and I can't wait for my trip to Florida next week! Yeah, we just turned the knob at our house too... I dream of solar powered energy!