Sunday, July 19, 2009

There Goes His Birthday Money!

Well, good thing that there was some money left to begin with, right? In fact, I don't know if I should be glad that it took seven years for our sons to be finally acting in a way that caused property damages of a significant cost or upset that it's probably just the beginning (I've been thinking lately how in the world one can let a 16 year old drive one's car!).

That's how our desktop LCD monitor looks like after my angry youngest son threw a battery at
his brotherit:

Close-ups of the "broken" part (in white & black - click to enlarge):












In sum, the desktop is useless until we can buy a new monitor. :-(

The funny thing was that the day after this happened, my five-year old was "bragging" about it in church, telling people that he'd lost all his birthday money because he'd broken the monitor... It didn't sound like he was sorry about it at all. Sigh. I hope this event can help to get him to learn not to throw things at people (or against other things) when he's angry. Should I start reading about anger management for children? My only hope right now is that nothing else gets broken at our house!

No comments: