Tuesday, July 07, 2009

40 Minus 2

That's how old I am now...

I had a lovely day and I really really enjoyed the countless "scraps" that I received in orkut (site similar to facebook and popular among Brazilians) and wall messages in facebook. Thanks, everyone, you made my day!

We had friends visiting from Brazil and we went out to eat Japanese food at this great sushi buffet restaurant. Then we came back home and while our kids played, we sat on chairs in the front lawn, under the shade of our big hickory nut tree, talked and sipped lemonade. Our friends left around 6 pm and then I received several more phone calls and emails... so nice! There will be no big party this year, but all I really want is to enjoy this house with family and friends, and that already happened!

As the tradition goes (I couldn't find the one for last year!), here's a recent photo of myself (from 2 weeks ago), this time with the boys. We took some photos today, including one of my colorful plate at the sushi place, but I haven't uploaded those yet. thanks for being part of my life!

7 comments:

Keiko said...

Ah Lilian!! Como é que vc me deixa falando com vc por email sem saber que é seu aniversário!!! Foi mal!!!
Feliz Aniversário menina! Muitas bençãos e muitos anos felizes!!

Beijinho,
Keiko

Anjali said...

Hooray! Happy birthday friend!

Rene said...

Cute picture.

Sarah Sometimes said...

Dear Lilian,

Your boys are beautiful and so are you!

Aliki2006 said...

Happy belated birthday!

jo(e) said...

That's a beautiful photo!

Cheryl said...

Now *that* is a happy mamae! Happy birthday, in arrears.