Saturday, July 25, 2009

Blog Description

On a whim, I changed my super-prolix blog description and made it even longer... I'm feeling chatty today, like, hmmm, always! ;-)

Before:
A mother (mamãe) of two boys (born in March 2002 and May 2004) between two languages (Portuguese and English), two countries (Brazil and the U.S.), two "worlds" (academic/ home-front). After being a doctoral student for 10 years she is now trying to figure out what to do next with her life now that she has a Ph.D.

I'm changing it to:
A prolix and opinionated mother (mamãe in Portuguese, hence the [e]) of two boys (born in March 02 and May 04) between two languages (Portuguese and English), two countries (Brazil and the U.S.), two "worlds" (academic/ home-front). After being a doctoral student for 10 years she is now trying to figure out what to do next with her life now that she has a (so far useless) PhD. It's easier to stay home with the boys and blog than looking for an nonexistent academic position in her area!

I don't know if I like it, I may change it again soon!

No comments: