Tuesday, July 22, 2008

And Then I Drove All Night Long...

... and got to Boston, I mean, Cambridge.

OK, it wasn't all night long, but almost that.

When: Sunday night.

Time I left home: 6:30 pm

Time I thought I'd get there: 1:30 am

Time stuck in traffic at the George Washington Bridge and beyond: 1h30

(then I decided to take the longer way via the Cross County Pkwy, 684, 84, rather than being stuck in the Bronx Expressway all night)

Times I stopped to sleep for a bit: two

Time I got to our hotel: almost 4 AM

Crazy, huh?

And except for a period of more or less half an hour when there was a treacherous thunderstorm with sheets of rain that made me slow down because the visibility was terrible, I was not scared or worried at all. Tired, slightly bored, yes.

The boys were champs, they slept, then watched a DVD, then slept again (a bit too late, at almost 11 pm). I'm glad I'm here, and I think I'd do this again.

More tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Whew! What a night. Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

wow, that was some drive! glad you got there safely ;-)