Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Unexpected Birthday Present

No, it was not the camera that K gave me (which did surprise me and we really need one because ours died)...

It was my third nephew, who gets to share his birthday with me (and with his great-grandmother, my husband's grandma) because he was born at 11:30 pm. I only learned now because in Texas where he was born it's an hour earlier and they just called my MIL who, in turn, chatted with me on Skype. Oh yeah, and my nephew also shares part of my name (the last few letters), which is also pretty cool!

I think it was very nice of him to come today because other boys in the family have refused for years to share birthdays with family members. His dad, "K3," was born one day after his paternal grandmother and my first nephew D was born the day after my mother-in-law's birthday. Linton refused to share his birthday both with his paternal grandpa and his dad (who was also born three days after his dad's birthday). Thanks!

So, my dear nephew, I love you very much already (I'm tearing up just saying that and thinking of that newborn baby) and I can't wait to meet you. Tomorrow (ok, today, it's past midnight) I'll get to see your photo and I'm sure I'll be moved to tears again. I know you're going to be very beautiful and I hope you have hair, but maybe you won't have any, like three of your cousins (only your youngest cousin M had hair). One day we'll play together and have fun because your aunt here loves her nephews so very much and she misses her baby sons already. In less than a month you'll meet us all and I can't wait to hold you and kiss you. And maybe someday we'll share a birthday cake and blow our candles together, OK? I'll give you the first piece.

5 comments:

Soy said...

I really enjoy your writing. I love your photos too! Belated happy birthday to you and to your new nephew as well! :)

M said...

Congrats on the birth of your nephew!

Alisha Stafford Feitosa said...

Very beautiful post--K3 and I both got teary reading it. And I'm glad you don't mind sharing your birthday with our new little one. Can't wait to see you!

Aliki2006 said...

Congrats on having a sweet new nephew to love!

And I posted below...but hope you had a wonderful birthday, too!

Renata said...

Happy early birthday (since I missed it this year). I also have a niece born on my birthday, which is also my dad's birthday. She was born on my 15th birthday so that was very special.
I have been behind on your blog so only now I am learning of your decisions. Remember you will get through this, and once you do, you will feel better about not carrying around such a financial burden. But until then, hang in there!