Monday, July 23, 2007

50 Years Together

Last week on July 18 my aunt and uncle celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. The celebration was in style with a party -- a banquet for over 100 friends at their Rotary Club hall. I'm glad that I was there to participate (in spite of the fact that my boys were the only children at the party). Coincidentaly, my parents got married on the same day, so it was also their 39th wedding anniversary.

Some photos of the celebration:

Siblings
My oldest uncle* (I can't believe he's almost 80), my mom, and my two aunts (another uncle wasn't able to come).
Mothers & Daughters
My aunt's daughter is my favorite female cousin.* She's 11 years older than me and when I was a teenager I loved to play with her children (who were later in my wedding, as well as their 4 cousins -- I'll post about my wedding sometime in the future, perhaps not until December, but it'll come :)
I'll be back later with more posts, OK? (and now it'll be your turn to catch up).

* The one who gave me the "silver"ware.

**I want to write about my favorite male cousin some other time. Interestingly enough, the female cousin is from my mother's side of the family and the male cousin from my dad's side.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

What a pretty family! I'm glad you're able to spend some excellent time with them all - how fortunate!