Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snowed/Iced In

I don't know how much I'll be able to write before my sons come to interrupt me, since they're watching a PBS program right now. [This was at 5 p.m. I got to write this and the next two paragraphs and upload three photos, but only got to finish this after the boys had gone to bed with daddy.]

It's been a looong day stuck at home with them. Not that most of my days are very different, it's just that I generally have the option of getting the boys in the car and driving somewhere, but not today. We did have fun, yesterday and today, playing outside, but I didn't finish cleaning my iced car (almost 3 inches of ice and snow on windshield) until a few minutes ago, and then gave up going out because the winds are too strong and my street is still full of snow.

But I wanted to share some photos with you, of course. Ice storms are only really beautiful if the sun comes out and everything becomes a beautiful sparkly [Google's spell check doesn't recognize this word, but I'll keep it :)] "winter wonderland" and it did get sunny today, so I was out frantically taking photos. Unfortunately, most of the trees around our home (we have none on our property) are really tall and those with low branches are across a lawn in my neighbor's property across the street, so I didn't get the close-ups that I wanted, but still, some good shots, I think, thanks to the powerful zoom in my camera.These next two were actually taken with the macro function (and not the zoom), since I was really close to this small tree in front of my neighbor's house.I let our cat (Blues) out, and it was fun to see him walking on the snow/ ice
OK, Lauren, I hear you, so I'm going to start working immediately on a series of angsty dissertation posts, although I'm not looking forward to it :(

3 comments:

Alice said...

GREAT photos!! And we here in Europe have hardly had any snow this winter ...

t1 Diabetes said...

oi amiga bilingue... passo pra deixar um abracao... have fun in the snow!

Aliki2006 said...

Gorgeous pics as always, Lilian!