Monday, October 16, 2006

Lost & Found

Last Wednesday night I impulsively switched my blog to the Beta version of blogger and then, on Thursday morning, guess what? Yes, if you're reading this chances are you saw what happened -- the blog was gone!!

I truly thought it was lost forever and I was surprised at how cool I felt about it after the initial shock wore off. I was upset, of course, but I felt up to the task of rescuing whatever I could rescue and starting again. It was a learning experience from me and the biggest thing I learned surprised me. My blog isn't really that big of an obssession for me as I thought it was and I think that's pretty "healthy." If this had happened a while ago I might have just completely panicked and felt it was a HUGE loss. Well, for once, nothing's really "lost" in cyberspace and most of my posts were cached and I would have been able to recover my writing.

Well, if you're thinking about switching, maybe you should wait until all the problems are sorted out. I, for one, will, since my blog returned in the regular version (and this after I had already labeled dozens of posts)...

Don't forget to check out my previous post, because I posted it on the night the blog went down.

I'm still in Tennessee. We go back home tomorrow.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I already converted to Beta a few weeks ago and I had no problems at all. Things are a lot easier in Beta.
Hope you are lucky the next time you try.

Aliki2006 said...

Ack! I think I would have had a heart attack if I'd lost my blog! I'm glad you found it--whew!

jo(e) said...

Perhaps it was just bad timing. I could not get to my blog last Wednesday ... and had problems on Thursday morning too. I think Blogger was just having one of its temper tantrums.

Alice said...

I'm glad you got your blog back!!! (phew!!) It must have been so upsetting to suddenly find out your blog's disappeared! I'm with you in waiting a bit longer until switching to Beta.

Jody said...

This is reminding me that perhaps I shouldn't trust Typepad to preserve my writings for me all by itself. A backup may be in order....

Juliet said...

I know other people who have had problems with beta. I am avoiding it for now.

Left-handed Trees... said...

I often think of switching out of blogger completely--but I hate the idea of having to learn new template-things, etc. I just want to get on the screen and write when I want to--think I'll be staying right where I am for a good while!
--D.--