Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Tomorrow (Almost Today)

The post I lost on Friday and was trying to rewrite will have to wait (it is an itemized discussion of the things I did in my first week back home and some other stuff), because in a few hours I'm going to have to leave to NYC to pick up my parents at JFK airport. They arrive at 6:30 am, so I'm leaving home at 4 am to try to be there by 7. I'll go alone. With the boys... (and I hardly ever drive on highways, even more rarely on my own). You won't be even able to wish me luck (except perhaps for those in Europe), because by the time most people read this, I'll probably be safely back home, or so I hope. But why do I have to go alone, you may wonder?

Remember the accident in France in which my husband broke his arm? Well, he's going to have surgery in that arm tomorrow, that's why he can't go with me. It wouldn't fit anyway, and we were actually wondering how we were going to pick up my parents, because he's not driving right now. When the surgery was scheduled last Thrusday, DH had forgotten about my parents' arrival (he did call me right after scheduling it and I reminded him, but then, he found that the doctor only operates on Wednesdays, and of course he needs this surgery now, before the bone heals in a completely wrong place).

Anyway... that's what's happening right now. And when my parents get here I'll need to concentrate in the dissertation, so I won't have as much time to blog. I'll let you know how this went, though...

3 comments:

Alice said...

Lilian: Good Luck!! To your husband with the surgery (I wish him a good recovery), to you with the dissertation and the drive to the airport!! You are still getting those wishes in time as it's 8am here in Europe ...which means 2am over there? Do continue to write every now and then, even if it is just to complain about your dissertation! ;)

Juliet said...

I hope your husbands surgery goes well. And I hope that you have a nice visit with your parents. :-)

L said...

Thanks Dalian for the good wishes, you can see the updated I just posted.