Monday, January 23, 2006

Thank You! & It Was/Is Worth It

I want to thank heartily all the readers who commented, I definitely feel encouraged to continue blogging. I t was worth "complaining" a little bit, even though it's not very "elegant" (ha ha ha, I've never been really "elegant" in life, and I'm a major complainer, ask my poor husband - this is what he hates the most about my personality traits - but I'm getting better, am I not, sweetie?) and I think it's definitely worth it to blog.

I even heard from new people! Welcome Dalian Moon, hello Sarah Sometimes, thanks for adding me to your blog roll!

See, this is what I mean, I like it when it is a dialogue, a conversation, that's why it's fun frequenting (do you have this verb in English?) more "famous" blogs, and participating actively in the comment section... I am an extrovert (OK, how do you say that again? In Portuguese it would be "extroverted"), and love talking to people even though I usually stay very quiet when I am in big groups of people I don't know, or meet groups of new people. Like I just said in a comment over at Dalian Moon, it took me around 6 months to get comfortable in my "blogging skin" and start posting more often, and commenting more often in other people's blogs. It does take persistence to make good "friends" in blogosphere, and I already have several, which makes me really happy.

OK, I have to go now, but I hope to be back soon. I have a couple of memes to do (you probably already forgot about it, Kate, and thanks Alice, yours looks very interesting) , but I think I will do them at home, so I won't make my mom's phone bill even costlier (she pays for phone usage, it's not a flat rate)...

I fly home tomorrow night, and I'm trying to finish packing today so I won't leave it for the last minute like when I came in December. I already have one of the large suitcases packed, so I guess I'm making good progress towards my goal. I still have some shopping to do, and I wanted to scan some old pictures of my parents as young children, but maybe I won't be able too.

I hate the days before major travel, they are super stressful. Until now I'm really calm, though, let's see if I remain that way until tomorrow!

2 comments:

Juliet said...

Hey there! Thanks for the commenting. Looks like we've been having similar feeling on blogging lately. And don't worry about complaining. I do it all the time! LOL
By the way, I linked you. :-) Hope that's okay.

Alice said...

Have a good trip, Lilian! I hope it's better this time ... :)