Sunday, November 25, 2012

What's in a Name...

I couldn't think of not blogging with first my name, but I decided to change that now.

And since my blog's name is way too long, I'm going with LitMama. I feel a little sad, but I think it's going to make me feel a bit better about sharing so much about my life here in this space. I'm glad that those who have been reading for a while know my name, I just ask you not to use it anymore.

I also realize that my blog is still connected to my first name in comments I've left in the past all over the blogosphere and I'm OK with that. If you have a link to my blog at your own blog (blogroll, for example) and by any chance you've used my first name, you can change that if you have a minute.

This is probably useless since I don't have a big readership, but I just wanted to add a bit more privacy to this really open blog. I am not deleting photos that have my face in them yet, but maybe I'll do it at some point. I hope it's not necessary. I will probably change the blog description as well so the subject I teach becomes more obscure.

This feels really weird and I don't know exactly why I'm doing it, I guess I just thought it was about time. I hope you don't mind!! :)

Sigh...

Edited to add: I'm editing the blog mast description as well (and will change the profile soon), so I just wanted to register here ("buried" in a post) what the description looked like in the past year: "2 sons, 2 languages, 2 countries (Brazil and the U.S.), 2 "worlds" (academic/ home-front), 2 PhDs (mine & my husband's). Where translation and & "in-between-ness" have become a way of life. Now with 2 cats!"

No comments: