Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Too tired to blog...

Afterword: well, after I wrote this long and boring (how-busy-I've-been) post, I guess the title isn't really true, but I'll keep it anyway!

I am exhausted and need to sleep more than 6 hours tonight... I always stay up too late, first, reading some blogs and checking twitter or other sites, then answering email, preparing for classes, grading, etc...

And last weekend was hard too... after having friends over on Saturday we had to work in the evening then Sunday was a crazy-packed day. I cooked brunch for 4 of our friends so we could have a meeting about an upcoming event -- while trying to prepare for the boys' soccer games and get ready for the school picnic later that day. At 12:55 pm the boys an I were picked up by our friend (and Kelvin's soccer coach) for the soccer games that were 45 miles away. The games were great, Linton even scored a goal! Too bad that before we got in the car to drive back I put my chair in the back of the van and while closing the luggage compartment door slammed the door onto my head thus hurting it pretty badly (a cut that's about 2 inches long across the top of my head). Thankfully I had an ice pack with our water bottles and I iced it all the way home.

We had to quickly get ready to go to the boys' school picnic which included nothing less than a short triathlon! (crazy! I know!). We had planned to make a team with Linton (Kelvin formed a team with two classmates): Daddy would swim, Linton would ride his bike and mom would walk/run. And I did it (only .55 mile), with my head still bleeding a bit. 

So... yeah... crazy beginning of the week. So much so that on Monday I forgot to pack Linton's piano books and he missed this week's lesson. :( Then yesterday the boys had a half day at school -- K had to stay home to pick them up at 12:30, feed them lunch, drop off Kelvin at birthday party, drive Linton to the University where I picked him up... took him to adjust his new glasses, went to work at the CSA farm, picked up Kelvin at party and came home... only to, in a "fit" deciding to mow the law when it was nearly dark (subject for another post). 

Today I took the boys to the dentist & headed to the university library afterwards, only to realize that Kelvin had SIX homework sheets to complete! (he hadn't done his homework for the past 2 days -- I guess I didn't do a good enough job of pressing him to work... sigh). It took us nearly two hours at the library for him to finish 5 of the sheets... oh boy! And by then we were so exhausted and hungry that we just drove across the street to eat at Chipotle (our very first time, I LOVED it! Soooo tasty!! The boys loved it too and ate A LOT, almost finished their "bowls"), then shopped for groceries, filled the tank with gas, bought matching winter footie pajamas (they love being warm & cozy in them), jeans and gloves and, this all took so long that we were able to pick Daddy up after his meeting with the campus ministry friends. 

And... yeah, it's almost 11 pm, so I'm heading to bed now. My head wound is better, BTW, just a bit "crusty." :( (I had K take a picture on Sunday, but I'm sure you'll find it gross). Now I have to try to write two more posts, but I'll leave those for tomorrow.

1 comment:

kate said...

Oh dear on the head wound. I hope it's healing quickly. And yikes on the homework! What kinds of things is Kelvin studying now?

Anyway, I hope you did get a decent amount of sleep!