Sunday, September 18, 2011

Nickeled & Dimed - 10 years later/ Panic!!

Over a month ago I read the article "Barbara Ehrenreich, On Americans (Not) Getting By (Again)" thanks to a referral by Dawn Friedman and I've been meaning to blog about it since then.

I remember having heard something about Ehrenreich's book Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America years ago, probably on NPR, and the excerpt of her new introduction (for the 10 year anniversary of publication) that I read in the link above really piqued my interest as well as made me even more depressed about our economy than I was before.

If you, like me, don't have time to read the book, you should at least read the article above! (And I realize that saying it may depress you is not the best recommendation, but what is not depressing nowadays?)

PANIC! is what James Carville said last week on CNN referring to "What the White House Should Do?"

And when I opened my mailbox and saw the cover of Time magazine last night I flinched. Panic indeed!!

No comments: