Sunday, October 10, 2010

Gorgeous, Artistic Videos, Beautiful Music - Sigur Rós

Several months ago I began to follow these "kids" (10, 15 years or more younger than me), distant cousins of my husband (children of my mother-in-law's cousins) on twitter and blogger and I've really been enjoying what they have to share. Particularly because they are very artistic (musicians, singers, and budding composers/lyricists) who have recorded one or more music albums in Brazil (Leo just released his third CD through Sony Music's Christian/gospel music division in Brazil, it's fully in Hebrew, I can't wait to listen to it).

Dani, Leo's wife, whom I haven't met in person yet, :-( has been writing about Sigur Rós in her two blogs for a while now and I just couldn't resist sharing a few of their music videos in the blog. Maybe you know all about them, but I didn't. They're a group from Iceland.

This and the next are my favorite video-clips of their music so far. I really loved seeing these "older kids" having fun. Oh, no! I can't embed it, the music is gorgeous and the video with these "rebellious" old folks is worth watching.  Hoppipolla is the title of the song. 


Glósóli: This one has actual children and stunning visuals. I think it's amazing:


This next one was a bit too sad for me, but the music is beautiful. (It reminded me of this film that my brother, cousin and I enjoyed in the 80s: Le Grand Bleu/ The Big Blue (beautifully titled Imensidão Azul in Brazil -- in the U.S. the soundtrack was destroyed, so you probably don't really know about it, the original music is one of the great things in this eerie film):


This last one is the fourth part (in YouTube) of their amazing documentary/ live shows DVD, Heima:


Let me know what you think! I

No comments: