Friday, May 28, 2010

Hardcover Books Dust Covers -- A Question for Book Lovers

Book people out there, what in the world do you do with your dust paper covers for hardcover books?

For those children's books or coffee table books whose hardcovers are in color, it's no big deal to just to toss them, but what about those books whose covers are not in color? Do you ever tape the colorful paper covers on like they do in libraries?

I'm just curious. Pack rat that I am, I've saved all of our dust covers and maybe now it's a good idea to throw them all out. What do y'all say?

3 comments:

pithydithy said...

For my books, I take them off while reading the book and then put it back on before putting it on the shelf.

But as for the kids picture books, which are on and off the shelves all the time, the top of Finn's closet is FULL of them.

Ambaa said...

I just throw them out. Even as a kid, I preferred just the book cover itself, whether it had color on it or not. The ones that were plain colored seemed like old, important books and I loved that!

Aliki2006 said...

I keep mine on--they don't bother me. L. hates them, and he has a huge stack of them in his room!