Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Kicked out of bed by the doorbell

At 8:30 am sharp the doorbell rang.

And immediately we knew that our realtor had given us the wrong date for the inspection. Three adults and three children to get ready and out the door. I didn't even get to drink water. Thankfully our friend was able to prepare a bottle of warm milk for her 2 year old.
And the night had been tough. I didn't go to bed that late (around 12:40 am, early for me), but around 6 am both boys came to our bed. And then Linton started coughing non-stop and K couldn't sleep, so I carried him back to his bed lied down with him. It took him a while to stop coughing and falling asleep, I think it was around 7 am and I fell asleep too. Needless to say, it wasn't easy for any of us to wake up and get ready to leave.

K drove away quickly, forgetting his lunch in the process. The boys, our friend and daughter piled into the car while I got the chance to meet the new owners. I mentioned that I could leave some of the curtains (we excluded window treatments) and they had a funny request -- they said we have to leave the baby-proof type door stopper that we have on the basement door so the cat can get down as he pleases. Interesting. I get they're cat people too. I hope they're happy here.

I guess I should be more tired, but somehow I'm not. I should go to bed soon though, so I'll stop now. At least we can sleep in tomorrow, if nothing else like that happens.

1 comment:

Rene said...

I hate having to wake up rushed. But right now being kicked out of bed at 8:30 sounds like a dream.