Monday, April 12, 2010

Exposed and "Are they going to be _the ones_?"

Exposed...
Is how I feel when for some reason we haven't left when people come to the house for a showing or if we come back before they've left and then have to keep driving around and around the block waiting for them to leave. All of a sudden I have this uncomfortable feeling that they've just opened my closets and looked into every room of the house. Such a lack of privacy, right? A necessary evil of selling a house.

Most of the time I just feel annoyed at having to keep the house looking "perfect" all the time. I feel trapped in my own house, since cooking will make messes, just "existing" and not doing much makes messes already. The boys are great because they've never been messy to begin with -- except when they get carried over with their trains and tracks. This weekend they decided to play trains again and we just decided to let them, so there's a huge track down in the basement and I'm OK with it. We live here, after all, don't we? I'm trying to cook a little more, but last week we did almost "go hungry" a few times (e.g. on Tuesday last week there were three showings back to back, from 4:30 to 8:30 pm, then on Thursday from 12:30-1:30 pm and then they were late and came only at 2 pm).

Then, every time I get into the house after the showing and see the realtor's card on the table, I think, "Are they the ones?" The ones who will finally make an offer and buy this house? It's not an agreeable state of living to be on. Constantly suspenseful.

Well... If I'd written this post an hour ago like I was planning to, it wouldn't have the same ending. ;-)

It turns out that the people who just saw the house this evening from 6-7 pm (we had to wait until around 7:10 to be able to pull into the driveway because the realtor stayed for a long time after the two cars of the prospective buyers drove away, that's what actually prompted the post) are delighted with it and are planning to make an offer! As our realtor said, though, we can only believe it when we see it. So, everyone, keep your fingers crossed and/or say your prayers for us! The guy is traveling for three days, so we probably won't hear back until the end of the week (I don't like that, but there's nothing we can do, except hope they really liked it). That and hope that it's a "decent" offer.

I begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel. And after reading Geeky Mom's latest post I even went ahead and tried to check internet providers in "new place." Next step, checking out real estate listing. Woo hoo!

2 comments:

Jody said...

I hope they come through -- keeping a house in showing condition is hard even when you don't have kids.

Hopefully the realtors are keeping them out of your closets. ;-)

Leslie M-B said...

Fingers crossed!