Friday, January 09, 2009

Maybe I Spoke Too Soon...

... when I wrote the previous post.

K just called saying that the other dept. chair (the one who is doing the search is from another dept, not the one that's hiring) is a bit resistant to hiring him. So, it's a toss up and not a certain thing yet. I'll let you know how it went. He may find out this afternoon.

In any case, if he doesn't get it, he'll have a less stressful semester and will have more time to dedicate to his research which is important too. We're OK with whatever turns out -- this was so quick that we didn't even have any time to absorb it. The only continuing worry is the financial aspect which makes the pressure on me to be able to do the online gig bigger. Oh well, I need to succeed in this anyway, I owe it to myself not to fail.

3 comments:

t1 Diabetes said...

God has a plan, it will work out.
on my previous comment, now I'm thinking... It wasn't K, it was Jackson... never mind. :-)

Aliki2006 said...

Fingers crossed for this opportunity, and for the best of everything coming to you both soon...

kate said...

I'm still hoping this works out. But, best of luck in your own job search this year!