Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Guys in Suits: Father, Sons, Grandsons

Only the baby grandson is missing (the photos with him show everyone very clearly and I didn't want that. Besides, I didn't ask permission of my brother- and sister-in-law to post their son's picture online, so I won't do it ;-)...

anyway, isn't my father-in-law justifiably proud of his sons and his beautiful family? I'm glad to be part of it too! We had a lovely weekend, much too short, but better short and sweet than too long... K2 and his family arrived on Sunday the 3rd at 0:30 am, K4 from Brazil on Monday, and K3 with his wife and baby, on Tuesday, and we only got there on Thursday night. We didn't go earlier because we knew that it wouldn't be easy to entertain four boys 2-6 years old cooped up inside a two bedroom apartment! I hope I can soon be back with more photos and news...

P.S. This was the very first time I fiddled with a photo using Picasa... sharpening, a tiny touch of soft focus, a bit of saturation. Anything can look good with these tools, that's for sure! and I don't know why I hadn't used them before. Perhaps because I'm much too honest, I like "true to life" shots. Yeah... nowadays nearly everything is fake, so it's OK to make photos better. See, I'm trying to convince myself that it's OK to do this... I'm funny like that.

9 comments:

kate said...

I love this picture!!!

Aliki2006 said...

That picture is awesome! And something to be treasured for years to come...

KF said...

I disagree with the notion that tweaking photos is some how faking it. The reality is that cameras are not perfect and more often than not it doesn't take the shot right. If the settings on the camera are not right, it might not reproduce "true to life" shots, requiring software to make the shots look like what it should have been in the first place. Just my 2 cents.

KF said...

By the way I love the picture too. Forgot that in my previous comment.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I just stumbled on your blog today and read the last few months all right now! I read it from when you first found the lyme rash on your son. My son was just diagnosed with lyme a few weeks ago and, although he is on antibiotics, he is not bouncing back like I expected. I was wondering how your son is doing?

pithydithy said...

What in incredible picture!

ArticulateDad said...

Beautiful family!

jo(e) said...

That's such a great picture!

diber said...

Love it!!!