Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Beach Wedding

It was beautiful, unforgettable, really. The first (and probably only) beach wedding any of us had ever been to (at this beach). I took pictures with my friend's camera, but only after the ceremony was over, since, as usual, I played the flute and sang (a duet! with my husband! our first ever duet! I would have cried if I knew everyone could her us singing, but as it were, only the bride and groom, and the people closest to them could hear. The bride and groom didn't cry either, so that helped. We sang this song, if you're curious). I hope you like them. I can't wait to see those taken by the photographer. Oh, and it was last Sunday afternoon... from 5:30 pm on.

The cake table (poor cake started to melt a bit because it was too hot):The fruit table (traditional at Brazilian wedding receptions):
The favors:Bride and daughter:
Groom and son:
The whole family, drawn to the sea:
And my boys too:

We were all matching, so we tried, not very successfully, to take some family pictures:The photographer (a friend, not a professional) and the bride:
It was a little too confusing during the reception, and even the ceremony (children were playing and being noise, people were photographing and moving around), but it was still beautiful in spite of that!

10 comments:

Soy said...

I've never been to a beach wedding. It looks so beautiful! And the fruit table - it's amazing! I could just stand in there and gobble those fruits up! :)

Aliki2006 said...

Oh, that last picture is beautiful! And the favors look amazing, too.

kate said...

Wow, that looks like an amazing wedding! I'm totally jealous!

And, our family photos tend to come out like that when we're all dressed up, too (and even when we're not!)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful wedding! And you and your family are equally beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous wedding--I can see what that fruit table is a tradition (it's amazing)!

Renata said...

I've never heard that song as a duet before. It must have been beautiful.

Anonymous said...

wow, that looks like an amazingly lovely wedding!

Sarah Sometimes said...

lovely!

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Beautiful photos! I love that beach. What a nice wedding.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely wedding!