Friday, May 02, 2008

600th Post -- Eleven Years and Eleven Months

That's how long we've lived in this country.

Two sons

Two Ph.D.s

One M.S. & one M.A.

Three houses (one at a time)

Four cars

One cat

Six moves

Six towns or cities

Eight or more Visas

Eight or more Consulate visits

In sum, eleven years and eleven months...

...Later:

Led to this:

Now we're actually immigrants,
no more legal, but temporary, outer-space creatures.

Permanent Residents. Did you hear me? Permanent?
Still from outer-space, but **resident** aliens.

Should I even celebrate? I don't really know...But I can certainly celebrate 600 posts, that's for sure!

We've known since Monday, when K emailed the lawyers to ask about my visa situation now that I'd be graduating. The lawyer responded by saying that our work permit had been denied (?). Yeah... because the grass-colored card process had been approved. Wow.
We knew it'd be quick, but had never imagined it'd be that quick.

So, yeah, we're already planning the trip to Brazil. And...
K will participate of that concurso (competition for a tenure track position) there -- him and thirteen other people. Isn't that ironic? Trying out for a post in Brazil now that we can stay here for good? Well... with his job situation the way it is, we never know what would be best. More on that later, though.

Aren't our lives just too much sometimes? No wonder you guys get tired of reading this old blog! (really old now, 600 posts old -- I know that's nothing. Dawn has over 1,000 pages in her blog, isn't that so?), and I talk entirely too much. Sorry about that.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, I love what you talk about, I feel like I know you! Congrats on all the accomplishments. You are an inspiration.

Aliki2006 said...

I'm not ever bored with what you write about, friend--I hope to read 600 more posts!

M said...

I second these comments. And 600 posts! WOW!!

Vera said...

congratulations !!!

Keiko said...

Poxa Lilian, parabéns! Muitos números pra comemorar!!!

Beijinho,
Keiko

t1 Diabetes said...

Parabens Lilian!!! Continue escrevendo.

Unknown said...

Congrats! Can't wait to read the next 600!

Cheryl said...

Congratulations! The GC is definitely something worth celebrating, because it gives you options! And, of course, congrats on the 600th post, too.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am excited to see what you will do next!

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Congratulations!! Woo Hoo for you!

Anonymous said...

Parabéns pelos 600 posts e pelo visto também.
Apesar de vcs estarem nessa indecisão em relação ao trabalho, mas já é uma preocupação a menos, não é mesmo?