Sunday, March 02, 2008

Sleepy... Tired...

And I'll probably sound totally incoherent, so I shouldn't even be writing. This weekend was so full of activities (mostly Friday night and yesterday) that I'm beat. And I have to work on the dissertation, day and night... (oh yeah, and selecting the label [Weekend update] reminded me again that we MISSED SNL last night :( -- you'll see why below.

Let's see, on Friday night we had a practice session with our singing group and we since we were able to get the boys to bed before leaving, we stayed until late talking with our friends. When we got home I stayed up until 3 am preparing a CD for the children in church. Got up extra early (7:30), drove to Philly for a never-ending day.

church stuff, them, practice for several hours in the afternoon with the group (we're going to do a program in Maryland next week). There was a wedding at 7 pm and we tried to get a song done to sing but it didn't work so I practiced a duet (which we already knew) with a friend. I also had to play the flute because the bride wanted me (and my husband on the piano) to play K3nny G's "The W3dding Song" (we had to order the sheet music on 2nd day air last week and got it on Friday)... so we practiced that.

Well, to make a loooong story short, we were there the whole afternoon right up until the wedding (my husband was also the interpreter) and the reception and we only got back home at 12 pm and we were more than wiped out.

Today I got up early and had a nice, intellectually stimulating, morning (I really want to blog about it, but I don't have time/ energy now), then in the late afternoon we had another practice with the singing group... which was more or less disastrous because our friend had fallen asleep and we were locked out for a whole hour before he woke up and heard us banging on his door. and meanwhile my youngest boy pooped on his pants in the car and I had to walk to the nearby grocery store to buy wipes... oh well. All is well that ends well, so it was not that bad in the end (after he finally opened the door, at least). OK, nobody will even read this, so let me hit publish. And now I have to write another post about dissertating...

1 comment:

Aliki2006 said...

A mixed bag indeed of a day! It sounds mostly wonderful, though, with a few unpleasant moments thrown in!