Tuesday, August 07, 2007

From Caldas Novas, Goiás, Brazil

I'm blogging from a Lan House in the heart of Brazil. We arrived here in Caldas Novas on Sunday afternoon after a 7 hour long drive from my parents' house in São Paulo state. We drove through another state, Minas Gerais, and arrived in Goiás, a state which is right at the middle of Brazil, that's why they built the country's capital, Brasília, not far from here back in 1960. We're staying in a small rented apartment close to one of the hotels in the center of the town, Caldas Termas Clube -- the same hotel where I came with my high school class two months before our graduation back in 1989. The hotel has 7 swimming pools, some water slides and several pools for kids, all with hot to warm water -- which is replaced daily or every two days, so there's no chlorine and it's "mineral water" (how they call spring water here in Brazil) -- so we're enjoying ourselves very much (the boys just don't want to get out of the water).

Tomorrow we're going to a place called "Hot Park" -- a water park in the most amazingly beautiful resorts here, "Rio Quente" (Hot River), I got to visit this place for a day back in 1987 --- wow, 20 years ago! (there was no Hot Park then) -- and dream of the day I can afford to spend a week there with my family.

I think I have only 10 minutes left of my one hour of internet here (U$ 1.5o, not that bad, huh?), so I better wrap this post up.

OH, some news -- it looks like we have an offer on the house!!! It was a verbal offer until last night, I'll let you know when I know more. If the closing is soon, we may extend our stay here, or the boys' (I would go back home as planned and then fly back here a few days later). I'm not looking forward to that, but it may be a good idea if we need to be house-less for a few weeks. I'll keep you posted

And in the next 20 hours my husband and his brother will be driving the new car non-stop from Dallas, Texas to Philly. I hope everything goes well in their drive.

I'll try to be back until Thursday with some photos.

1 comment:

Keiko said...

Pousada do Rio Quente...que delícia!!!!! Tenho ótimas lembranças de lá, foi minha primeira viagem com o Johnny (com minha mãe, pai, irmãos, tias e avós junto, obviamente)mas foi bom mesmo assim!!!