Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Busy

As you may imagine, I'm busy working on the dissertation since this is the last week my parents are here before their trip to China.

It didn't help that we traveled to Richmond, VA over the weekend, but it was fun to spend time with "old friends" from Brazil and meet new people. I also saw a good friend from graduate school and met her "baby," who is over 2 years old, for the first time. My friend is from Argentina and coincidentally her boy was dressed in Argentina's soccer jersey (made of cotton, of course) while my boys were wearing yellow T-shirts with the Brazilian flag (Brazil's soccer jerseys are yellow too) -- that was a fun coincidence and we took several photos.

There was even a quick blogger meet up involved this weekend, as I got to see Libby (Midlife Mama) again (we had already met in our "pre-blog" lives at a conference back in 2001) -- it was great to see you, Libby!

On our way back we stopped at my brother-in-law's house and I was pleasantly surprised that my oldest nephew, who's four months younger than Linton, is already potty trained. I hope we can do that too here! I also got to see the tulips that I gave them and helped plant last year. Several of them had "baby tulips" (one had two) which were the cutest thing! The photos below are not very good, but at least they give you an idea of the cuteness of the "mommy and baby" tulips as my nephew has been calling them. (the one on the left is a close up of the baby tulip on the right).












I'm also delighted with the arrival of warm weather. Over the weekend it was even better since the sky was perfectly blue, but I have to go back to work before I can start enjoying it... :-(

In the house hunting front, we haven't made a decision yet, but we're leaning towards one of the cookie-cutter houses (in a corner with a huge fenced yard, an unfinished basement and a kitchen which could be updated - we want a home with things we can work on). We're going to see more houses tomorrow and then on Sunday. I'll keep you posted. Oh, and the price for that gorgeous (and smallish) home with the 1 acre of land dropped for the second time! Tempting... but not overly so (I can talk more about it later).

And now... back to work!

P.S. I'll post some photos of the boys later, OK?

3 comments:

Aliki2006 said...

You have been busy! Hope things work out on the housing front...

Keiko said...

Nossa, já estava preocupada com vc e seu sumiço! hehe, que bom que é por uma boa causa!
Eu nunca tinha visto um bebe tulipa, muito lindo mesmo!
E inspirada em vc, eu tb vou trabalhar, mas nao em tese pq nao tenho nada, mas em correções, q chatice!

Beijinho, bom trabalho!
Keiko

Unknown said...

So exciting that you may get the house you really want. And how nice to have a few options!