Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Boy, the Sea, and the Sunset

I want to share with you some of my favorites photos among the over 1,000 pictures I took during our vacation to add some mid-week pizzazz to the blog. I'm quite busy to write long posts right now, in spite of the fact that post ideas abound.

You may remember my post about the Florida vacation from last July. I Googled the last place where we were going to stay (Palm Coast) and pulled a photo of the Flagler beach pier for the post. Well, I went there and there was a beautiful sunset. Check out the results.

The Boy, the Sea, and the Sunset

The boy was simply mesmerized by the sea.

He couldn't bear to turn his back to it.
The crashing waves were beckoning him to go back
every time

He was almost dancing for joy.
The boy, like his mother, expresses his feelings very physically.


Before we left, I took some photos of a lonely looking lifeguard "chair" and I personally think they turned out stunning. I apologize for the lack of modesty... :)

The next one is my absolute favorite:
I was going to post two other sunset photos, but blogger won't let me. But maybe it's best to end with my favorite one. I guess it's really a common-place photo, but the life-guard stand is something brand new to me, in spite of the fact that it's an icon of the American beaches.

P.S. Oh, and I have a question to ask my American readers about American beach towns, but that'll come later, OK?

7 comments:

Aliki2006 said...

Beautiful pictures, Lilian! I love the lifeguard tower pictures--I am always struck but how desolate they seem next to the crashing waves.

jo(e) said...

What beautiful photos.

Juliet said...

Those photos could be in a book. I am serious! Simply breathtaking!

Dr. Peters said...

Lovely!

Caroline said...

Beautiful pictures!

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Beautiful!! I love the boy and the sea theme. You captured the emotion and joy perfectly. I love the colors and how the lifeguard chair picks up the pink in the sky. You should frame some of them as prints.

Alice said...

Gorgeous!! You have talent as a photographer! Have you thought about enlarging some of them and framing them?