Sunday, April 16, 2006

My First "Son" - Blues' Pictures for Lioness

This is my dear "first son" Blues... I thought it was high time I posted more pictures of him in the blog, since he made his appearance here only once, and then in competition with my beautiful morning glories. The Lioness recently told me that he looks like her cat, and I wanted to share more pictures with her, so here you go!

We got him as a tiny kitten back in April 2001, two months after we bought a house. I had longed to have a cat forever here in the U.S., but only got to have one when we had our own place since the apartment buildings we lived in previously didn't allow pets. I adore cats and I was fortunate enough to marry another cat lover (that's one of the reasons I married him, to be sure :) and nobody here at home has cat alergies, what a relief!! (I have friends who do and it has even prevented some of them from visiting altogether, since the cat allergy is awful!).

The pictures are from 2003 (July, September and October) and 2004 (February) - we got a digital camera in June 2003. Of course I have many pictures from before, but they're "regular" ones that I haven't scanned yet. Blues even has his own photo scrapbook, which also contains pictures of my previous cats and my aunts' cats... In the outdoor pictures I posted he had a harness because we lived in a condo that didn't allow pets outside, so we'd always bring him out in a harness and leash. Isn't he cute? He likes to relax laying in his back with feet in the air, and he lets me pet his belly! I'll post some other pictures at another time, OK?

4 comments:

Lioness said...

Que lindura, mt obrigada! He reminds me of the cat I left on he kibbutz, yes, the one who reverted back to the wild and nothing could be done. She'd come visit sometimes. He's an absolute beauty! Thanks for the pics, cats are THE BEST animal ever.

(4th try w verif word, told you your blog hates me.)(never mind, sou eu que sou uma anta, had the wrong password)

Anonymous said...

Just ADORABLE!!! Truly! I've never owned cats before... and now that I have TWO... I love all kitties EVERYwhere. But then... I'm just an animal sap in general... so there you go.

Love when they rest on their backs by the way... his belly fur looks so incredibly soft!

Anonymous said...

Hey!!! Not anonymous... it's me... Manuela...

damn blogger...

L said...

Sorry you girls are having so much trouble with blogger. Love your comments, though! :)

PS even I, the blog's "owner," have to do the word verification thingy. It does prevent spam, though, so I keep it.