Tuesday, October 04, 2005

My mornings are glorious

I haven't posted lately because I'm working on the dissertation, yes, I am. It's not been easy, writing never is, but I think it's even worse for me than for most people, given my greatest-procrastinator-in-the-world fame. But I have been writing everyday, and will submit the first draft of the first chapter to my advisor this Friday. Wish me luck.

So... I thought I'd show you how my "wild things" are doing. With the cooler (and actually splendid) weather, we've been enjoying our morning glories during the whole day lately!

OK, take a look:They have completely overtaken the right side of the porch
(the vines on the other side didn't do too well because of the poorer soil in the pot)

Their color matches the sky's.
This picture was taken through my living room window screen.
I like the effect.
This is Blues, our cat.
I can't believe I never wrote about him. He's beautiful, isn't him? I'll include more pictures of him in the future. Promise.

Sneak preview: pregnancy, birth and breasfeeding experience posts coming up!!

3 comments:

Ana said...

Oh wow Lilian, those are beautiful! I wish I could have flowers like that but we live in an apartment (everyone does here in Portugal) so that's not possible.

jo(e) said...

The close-up photos of the flowers are just gorgeous.

Handsome cat, too.

Anonymous said...

AWWW! He's a handsome little bugger isn't he!

And you know... thanks for reminding me to come back here... I keep forgetting to add you to my must read list... will do so right now. If it's not on my list I always forget to check 'em!