Monday, July 22, 2013

He's Back!

When K drove into the driveway and opened the front door at around 7:30 pm this evening the boys and I could hardly believe it!

"Is our life going to go back to normal now?" I asked.

"Did you submit the grant yet?" I pressed.

"Did you? Did you submit it?"

It turns out it's going to be submitted tomorrow morning because he didn't see his email from the secretary before she left at 5 pm.

"But why weren't you checking your email?" I insisted.

Poor guy... I'm sure he can't wait to have this over as well!

He collapsed on the couch, deep pale circles under his eyes (he slept about 4h last night), but life is very closely back to normal this evening. After a light meal, K collected the trash around the house and he's now cleaning the kitchen as he usually does on week-nights. YAY!!

He will still work on his "side job" tomorrow and then he will just have to supervise the students in his lab until August 2.

I still can hardly believe we have him back! (until the next grant or journal submission or something else comes around) ;-)

No comments: