Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Damaged -- or "The Curse of the South-Africa (Photo) Book"

I'm kind of "sadly glad" that I hadn't shared on the blog that I had finally,  finally!!! finished the South Africa photo book last Wednesday. (Obviously I was unable to use the expired 20 dollar coupon that my friend had given me and which had led to that "all-nighter" a month ago. With the 60% discount they gave me, it cost about a dollar a page -- 67 bucks).

I was eagerly waiting for its arrival since I spent so much time making it as perfect as possible. I almost got to see it this morning, but the U.S. post office had damaged the package (it was bent right in the middle!) and the kind mail carrier lady came to my door and explained that I couldn't open it so that way I wouldn't need to pay the postage to return it, so I just let her take it.

:-(  Now I'm waiting to have a live-chat with a Shutterfly customer service representative to ask if they could print me a new book ASAP, but I have a feeling that I will have to wait for them to get the book back before printing me a new one and who knows how long that will take.

I am sad. Sigh...

And my husband was joking that this was "the curse of the South-Africa book." yeah, a joke, but I don't think it's funny.

OK, I'll post this and come update it after I finish talking with customer service.

Edited to add: The chat with customer service was great! Not only has the book been pre-ordered (to arrive with "next day" shipping via Fedex -- which I think will ensure that it won't be damaged, YAY!), but she listened to my all-nighter story of the expired coupon and gave me a 20 dollar credit. YAY Shutterfly! Nothing like good customer service to assure that I will continue to be their customer!

No comments: