Tuesday, April 23, 2013

She's here!

No photos yet, but my niece was born about three hours ago and everything went well.

My brother's email has the stats (3.13 kg = 6 lbs 14 oz or, "6.9 lbs"* and 48.5 cm = 19.05 in), but he gave my mom more details when he called her (and then she talked to me on skype): my niece has lots of hair (I LOVE hairy babies!) and she was already breastfeeding well.

I hope my sister-in-law has a swift recovery. I'm a bit concerned that no one can stay with her overnight in the hospital :( , but I'm hoping she will be fine. I can't wait for the photos!!!


*I HATE expressing weight (particularly babies') in pounds and ounces, I think it's a pathetic way to measure, every Brazilian I know who lives here in the U.S. gets their newborns' babies' weight wrong because of the lbs oz thing!! The metric system is so much better in every way. Sigh...

No comments: