Thursday, February 07, 2013

Skiing... Is this the end for me?

I was looking forward to this day, I really was! The third time/ fourth day skiing in my life (first was back in Dec. 2004, at Wildcat in NH).

I canceled my class, convinced my husband to cancel his and come along because it's the kids' school ski day so it was dirt cheap for the whole family!

I had taken the kids on ski days in the past, but I couldn't ski much, looking after them all day, so today I thought I could go to be top of the mountain for he first time & come down on the easiest trail.

I did it, the problem is that some parts of be 2 mile long trail were too hard for me and I did it, but I was really scared and stuck in several parts. My legs didn't have the strength needed...

The worst part was that I went again... This time with my husband -- I had gone with a friend the first time and... It was a disaster!! My weak legs coupled with my paralyzing fear almost didn't let me do it. So much adrenaline that I'm still affected by it over an hour later. Sigh...

I don't know if I'll make it to the top eve again& the bunny slope gets old really fast. Oh well... Maybe it's the beginning of he end of skiing for me! :(

At least I have some pictures!

2 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

Looks so fun!!! (I've never been skiing...)

Rene said...

Don't give up!