Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Leaving for a (looong) road trip

I really love to travel, but I don't like driving very much. :-( Driving by myself with the boys does give me a sense of accomplishment, but having to drive so many hours (from 4-6-8 hour stretches) is not fun.

My knee hurts very badly just from the tension of my let stepping on the gas. I will try to use cruise control as much as possible and I should be happy that at least I will be driving our automatic car, not the standard one because then the left leg would hurt too, even more, if we hit traffic (traffic jams with standard gear are a nightmare. The left foot has to be constantly pressing the clutch so we can keep switching gears. Sigh. Good thing I at least learned to drive a standard).

I bought snacks and I selected CDs to listen too (although I didn't buy any books on CD as I wanted to :-( ). The boys have their DVD player and some other things to keep them busy, but they're always really really good on trips. We broke them in early.

OK, I have to finish packing, while I wait for our minivan to come back from the shop. If it's not fixed today then the beginning of the trip (and my first blogger meet up) may be ruined :-(.

Now, the big question is whether we'll be able to meet the newest member of our family -- my nephew who could be born any minute in Montreal. We'll be there from Friday night to Sunday at noon and I have a suspicion that he'll want to make his appearance after we're gone (his due date is Monday the 19th after all).

I should be happy that I'll get to spend two days with my dear friend and meet her daughters. I haven't seen her in 12 years and I can't wait to see her again!

All right, back to packing.

1 comment:

Tatiana said...

Boa viagem Lilian,com certeza dá uma satisfaçao muito grande dirigir sozinha em uma viagem com filhotes(apesar do cansaço).
Se você nao se importa coloquei o link do seu blog nos meus favoritos,me identifico muito com a maioria dos seus comentários!!
Que a sua viagem seja o máximo!!
Beijos,
Tati.
PS: Desculpe escrever em português( para variar fiquei na duvida em que idioma escrever e achei o português mais rápido)
PS2: Estou na dúvida em qual identidade colocar para que saia o meu nome com o link do blog, caso eu nao consiga e vc queira dar uma olhada, o link é: www.vidabicultural.blogspot.com/