Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I Owe You (And Myself)...

... more posts, more photos, more everything. But I haven't been able to find the time and, sometimes, the energy. I still constantly "blog" in my head and I feel sad that none of these posts come to light. It's even worse with the several posts that I've actually drafted in my journal over the past year. It would just be a matter of typing them up and "publishing" them in the blog, but some of them are about very sensitive subjects (my frustrations with writing, for example) or interesting but perhaps... I don't know... difficult subjects -- such as my feelings about being an expatriate and now an immigrant in the U.S.

Worse yet is the desire to post photos and keep up the photo-blog, but I keep myself from even beginning because I know it's time consuming because I love photos way too much.

And writing about the boys? I hardly ever do it here anyway, in spite of my "status" as a "mommy blogger" (I prefer blogging mama) and then the things they say, the way they are gets lost in the fast-paced living, and forgotten... very sad.

The situation hasn't changed one bit and I haven't yet started acting on it (looking for jobs), but our attitudes about it are slowly shifting. We're just going with the flow... We've just had some CRAZY days and now we have to slow down a bit. And talk more about everything (time for talking has become scarce with all the guests we've had, etc.).

OK, quick "weekend update" to end the post:
K's friend D (that beautiful girl's father[end of post]) arrived on Friday evening, on Saturday K drove with him to Washington D.C. and I stayed alone with the boys (this being alone with them is a highly bloggable subject ;-) and we went here. My sister-in-law arrived with her two boys around 8 pm and two hours later my mother- and father-in-law got home as well. I had to prepare for Linton's birthday party the next day but I stayed up late talking to my SIL and MIL, we only get together a few times a year. Sunday was crazy, but the party went really well (BTW I owe you photos from Linton's birthday party last year, then Kelvin's and Linton's this year, see?) -- K and D returned in the late morning on time for the party (which was a lunch).
On Monday K, D and the boys drove to NYC together while I did many things -- including finally picking up my cat in Northeast Philly!! -- and shopping for many hours for things to send to D's wife. K hardly had time to talk to his parents and they did it over breakfast yesterday morning (OH! It was K's birthday yesterday BTW, I should really have blogged about it!). So, there you go...

And tomorrow is the school musical and it's going to be GREAT, I'm sure! I'll keep you posted. Long hours of work ahead, though. Preparing power point presentations, decorating the set, typing and printing out the programs, etc...

The best of all is that I was able to take these last 18 minutes to write a blog post! I guess I owe "us" a bit less then, right?

1 comment:

Alice said...

I always thought you were so good in your field and found your dissertation very readable and interesting!

So, here's a challenge: How about making it into a book? ;-)

love and hugs!