Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Time is Running Out

So... I continue to be busy with my friend and her shopping excursions (on top of work until today), but hopefully tomorrow and/or Friday we can do some sight seeing.

The distractions aren't helping much anymore, though, because time is definitely running out. If we don't sell this house soon things will be looking really grim for us in the near and perhaps even distant future. School will be out on May 28 and then my paltry contribution to our household income will end (not that it helps much, even with it we cannot afford the mortgage and other living expenses anyway).

I can get the boys, try to book some award travel tickets and "flee" temporarily to Brazil, but that won't solve the problem, we'd just be saving a few dollars. As for work for me, what would I do with the boys? My parents are as strapped for cash as we are right now, so it'd be hard for them to come to help, but they'd certainly try. Well... that is, if I find something, anything.

I just wish I could plan the next few months, I just wanted to be able to feel "normal" again. Money is a curse, that's why I will never ever think it fair that some have so much and some so little. K told me that Michael Moore's next film is about capitalism, yeah... it will be very depressing.

It looks like we're going to have a miserable summer.

2 comments:

Keiko said...

Ai Lilian, me dói o coração "ver" vocês passando por isso, é muito injusto indeed!

Bom querida, espero que o sábado consiga te trazer um pouquinho de descanso ao corpo e ao coração.

beijinho,
Keiko

t1 Diabetes said...

What keiko said... hugs...